Work your body from the inside out! It’s true what they say: “You get out what you put in.” So…are you taking care of your body as best you can? Here are some simple nutritional guidelines to consider for how to care for and fuel your body.
- Your plate should have all 4 of those!
- Improve a little at a time.
- You don’t have to do it all at once.
- Make small adjustments at each meal time.
- Choose water FIRST!
- 100% fruit juice? Should be consumed rarely
- Sports Drinks? Rule of thumb: 0.5-1 oz/lb of body weight
- Feeling down? Dehydration has a direct correlation to the blues.
3) Don’t Waste Your Workout!
- Consume a shake or meal within 15-45 minutes following a workout.
- Aim for: 15-30g of protein, 40g of carbs
- I personally use the Results and Recovery Formula after my workouts.
4) Compliment vs. Supplement
- Antioxidant Support
- Check out this short video for recommendations
5) Get Some Sleep!
- 8 hours are optimal
- If possible, try for 10pm – 6am
- Getting adequate sleep allows your body to recover
- Decreases fatigue
- Increases productivity