It's important to stretch yourself for personal growth.
I like to use past experiences and incorporate them into every day, practical life lessons.
As a former gymnastics coach, I constantly taught and saw, first-hand, the importance that flexibility and stretching played on each gymnast's success. Even though I no longer coach or participate in gymnastics, I still teach the benefits in group exercise classes.
Let's explore how stretching yourself personally and professionally can get some great results...
Here are six simple truths:
1. You can't do the splits overnight
- Starting a business takes time
- Start with the basics
- It takes training
- Be consistent
2. Believe in the benefits of being flexible
- Increased flexibility = increased strength
- Personal Development is vital
- Stay positive
- When you're flexible, you're less likely to get hurt
3. People may not realize how important it is to STRETCH/FLEX/GROW
- Engage with people: help them to remember why it's important
- Be a leader
- Remind people of the benefits & help them to develop their "why"
- Stay connected & be helpful
4. The alternative is scary
- You will get hurt
- It's not pretty when you're rigid and fixed in place
- Consistently work on your flexibility (ie. your business skills) and after a while, your efforts will look effortless
5. It's worth the temporary pain
- Being "stretched" is painful because you're doing something you haven't done before/going farther
- Payoff: You'll be rewarded for your efforts. You get out what you put in
- Anything worth having takes time
6. No one will stretch if you don't
- It starts with you
- You must be walking the talk of your business
- Be an example
For more tips on goal setting and healthy living, opt in here