Summer is here! Don't spend it slaving away in a hot kitchen. Whip up this super simple, and delicious recipe and get out there and enjoy the season.
This salad is great for picnics and as a side to some grilled goodies.
And...best of all...NO COOKING REQUIRED!
- 1 lb. thawed shelled edamame
- 1 15 oz. can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can black beans or black soybeans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
- 6 Tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or grape seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Place in refrigerator and let marinade for several hours before serving. The marinating time improves the overall flavor.