Are you a group fitness lover? Finding yourself in the front row? Passionately hooked to your favorite classes? Does group exercise keep you adhering to your exercise regimen because you are addicted? Find yourself laughing and having FUN? If you answered “Yes” to these questions, then you, yes YOU, should teach! Every instructor started as a member and then found themselves on stage. All you need is a little help, guidance, support, information, education and a little push. And boom! You will be getting paid to do what you already LOVE! Not to mention getting to lead and inspire others to love exercising too. Let’s get started on the basics of your guide to becoming a fitness instructor.
Today’s focus is BACKGROUND. The best instructors have a basic understanding of health and fitness. They learn, absorb, and study to get certified.
Benefits of Exercise
- Helps prevent cardiovascular disease
- Improves blood pressure levels
- Helps prevent osteoporosis (weight bearing exercises)
- Weight management; improves body composition
- Helps prevent the loss of lean body mass
- Helps increase or maintain metabolism
- Relieves stress
Basic Components of Physical Fitness
The main components that should be included in all fitness programs are:
- Muscular Strength – The ability to generate maximal force for one repetition
- Muscular Endurance – The ability to perform repetitive work over a prolonged period of time
- Cardiovascular Endurance – The ability of the heart and lungs to deliver to the oxygen needed to fuel to the body during exercise in addition to the body’s ability to utilize the oxygen efficiently
- Flexibility – To bend, moving in full range of motion at our joint structure
- Body Composition – The amounts of bone, body fat, lean tissue and fluid each individual is made of
Why do it in a GROUP?
- Great music
- More motivating
- Offers variety
- Social atmosphere
- Students don’t have to “think” about what to do; you are their coach!
- Time goes by faster
Did you find this informative or know someone that this will help? Share it!